Restaurant Review: The Winding Stair, Dublin

Very cute little place above a bookstore.
This was another one of our favorite places to eat in Ireland.  If I lived in Dublin, I'd be a regular here.

The only reason we learned about it was my buddy Jeff.  We met him and his wife here for dinner, and boy was it a great night.

We came early to take advantage of the pre-theater special.  This was a great move, as the Winding Stair got pretty full as the night went on.

The food here was very sophisticated and beyond my ability to review.  In short: everything we ate was great.  Look at the pictures and judge for yourself:

My appetizer: Irish charcuterie.  Delicious.
Mary's appetizer: Caprese salad, Winding Stair-style.
Mary's cockles and mussels.
.... which of course came with a side of fries.  Potatoes again!
My entre: duck breast and jus on a bed of mashed sweet potatoes.

Yes, the above tasted just as good as it looks.  If you're in Dublin looking for a great meal at a reasonable price, I can't recommend this place enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment