Restaurant Review: Adelphi Restaurant, Portrush

Soup and bread.
Our hotel gave us each one free 4-course dinner at the Adelpi Restaurant (app, main, desert, tea) with our stay, so we took them up on it.

Large patty of Irish beef--delicious.
It turned out to be a good call--this is a solid option in Portrush.  The food is basic, but what stood out for us was dessert.  This was the first time I've had Bananoffee Pie (bananas in toffee with a biscuit crust), and holy crap was that good.  Terrible for me, but good!

Banofee Pie.  Where has this been
all my life?
We both started our meal with parsnip and leek soup, with the prerequisite soda bread.  Solid soup, very well seasoned.  From there, we split an Irish cheeseburger and salad.  Again, the food was well-prepared: my burger was cooked competently and was very juice.

Chocolate fudge cake--delicious.
Dessert was chocolage fudge cake for me, and the aforementioned Bananoffe Pie for Mary.  Frankly I don't even remember what my cake tasted like, because that pie was fantastic.  I almost asked for the recipe.

Overall, a good meal at a price we couldn't beat (free).  I'd come here again if I was in Portrush.

No comments:

Post a Comment