Restaurant Review: Villa Italia, Belfast

Shrimp, pea, and cheese risotto.
Villa Italia is a chintzy Italian joint off of University Road.  This is the kind of place with plastic grape vines tacked up all over the place, and where "pizza margherita" means just a flat cheese pizza.

Seafood pasta.
For an appetizer we shared a chorizo and pea risotto.  Dispite being overwhelmingly full of cheese, this was actually pretty good, and the high point of our night.

Mary's main was a seafood pasta in red sauce.  It was ok; nothing to write home about.

Pizza margherita.
My main course was the aforementioned pizza margherita.  This turned out to be a bland cheese pizza slapped on a plate in front of me, along with a plastic knife to cut my own pieces.  In short, I was not impressed.

We skipped dessert and moved on quickly. There are better places to have dinner in Belfast.  I'd give this one a pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment